Skip to main content

The Transfer from Wapakoneta

 Here we are in the final stretch of the year until summer break. My spring break was filled with lots of fun adventures and long workdays. I worked on the farm all week hauling grain with my dad to the ethanol plant in Lima. After these long workdays I was able to spend time with my buddies and my girlfriend. As most of you know I usually have something crazy happen to me each week and let me tell you spring break did not disappoint. It was Saturday morning, and I was at my mom’s house getting ready for a day of work I hear my mom yell, “There is a cow lose in the yard.” This struck me in a way where I was very unsure of what she said because my mom lives in the city. I then walked upstairs and saw the show steer that had gotten away from somebody at the Auglaize County Fairgrounds. I went out to help catch the steer and at first one of the police officers had caught the steer, but the steer had other ideas. The steer dragged the officer across the field until he quickly let go. At that point my brother and I started after the steer. He ran through our neighborhood, the woods, three creeks and about four fences until I was able to get close enough to grab his halter in the middle of a corn field. We were not completely out of the woods yet, I had to walk the steer through the corn field all the way back to the road so the owners could put him back on the trailer. How was your spring break?

 

Comments

  1. That is something I cannot even imagine happening, it's crazy that you were able to get the cow back to where he was supposed to be. Also, what is living and working on a farm like? Do you enjoy it? Anyway, my spring break was similar but different, I also worked for most of break, but I stayed on campus and worked at a local restaurant near campus

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy, I am having a hard time picturing something so chaotic. I'm glad that you were able to get him back to safety. I once had seen a cow wondering around a burger king in my town. That was such a crazy sight, it walked right through a busy intersection. Anyway, I had a great spring break! Not as interesting as yours, but it was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keith's life

 My life has been kind of crazy these past couple months. It all started when I began the thought of transferring schools. I wanted to transfer schools for a chance to see the football field and pursue my degree of business in marketing. I started talking to coaches trying to get into the transfer portal to be able to transfer and that was a task in itself. I had to talk to and get tons of papers signed by lots and lots of different people. After I was in the transfer portal I had to reach out to coaches and let them know that my recruitment was back open. I had talked to lots of different coaches over the month of December when I realized I wanted to attend Ohio Northern University. I started to get accepted and got an idea of what my schedule would look like but then we had a holiday break. During this break I was not able to get anything done to be able to transfer schools and the time was winding down fast. In the last week before students were allowed back on campus I was finally

The Transfer from Wapakoneta

Here we are in another week closer to summer break. This week is a shortened week because of Easter. I do not have classes Thursday or Friday. This week has been a pretty laid back week for the most part except for Monday. Monday was a challenging day because I forgot we had an exam in business ethics. I spent most of the morning and an hour in the afternoon doing my homework. Little did I know I had an exam at 2 p.m. that day. I remember that I had an exam at about 1230 or 1245. This led to me to lose my mind and start stressing. I spent the next hour and a half studying for my exam. I was doing practice test after practice test just trying to retain the knowledge, I needed to complete the test. Once I got to the test my computer had really low battery, so I thought I was screwed but luckily I had my charger in my bookbag ready to go for the test. I then took the test and think I did pretty well but we will see in the coming weeks how I did. What has been your craziest moment this pas

The Transfer from Wapakoneta

 Here we are in another crazy week of classes. This week however has not disappointed. I started the week off by sleeping through my alarm and forgetting clothes at home that I would need for workouts Monday morning. This soon got better when I came to realize that they were just stuck in the side of my bag where I did not notice them. This craziness carried into Tuesday afternoon when I went to workout at the YMCA. I was on the tread mill running jamming out to some Polo G when I soon realized that music just stopped out of nowhere. I stopped running to check my phone and see if my headphones had just run out of battery, but I looked at them and they had full charge. I then checked my phone to see what was wrong on it and I could not open any apps and even turn my phone off. I finished my workout with no music so you could say that having no music kind of killed the vibes a little bit. After I finished the workout, I went to Verizon to see what was going on. When I showed them what th